Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bands at the Ballroom

The big picture of music is pure artistry, but the sum parts that make up the whole can be just as breathtaking.

Justin Adams and Mike Ball

My Bands Matter Too stories are a way to meet the bands that share the stage with the incredible artists we all know and love during their live performances. This concert was at Cain's Ballroom and the particular band to meet shared the stage with Justin Adams, an amazing singer/songwriter and terrific guitarist in his own right. This was not my first time seeing them perform. However, I was no less impressed than the first time I saw them. I told you all about Justin Adams' performance in my Pardi in the Ballroom review. Now here is a little about the band's.

Tommy Kratzert and Mike Ball

 Tommy Kratzert plays the guitar, Clark James the drums, and Mike Ball the bass. Sometimes an artist is so talented it takes a special caliber of skills to help bring their songs to life and Adams' seems to have found that with his band. All three band members actually rotate singing back up vocals throughout Adams' set. Different parts of Adams' performance highlights different instrumental riffs from each band member. Whether it be Tommy or Mike's impressive accomplishments on their various guitars or Clark's stellar abilities on the drums, these talented musicians are exceptional to watch perform. 

Clark James
 I discovered something that seems to add to a show from prior concerts. They are more enjoyable to watch when you know the performer is not just talented, but genuinely a nice person. One of my new favorite quotes is, "Talent gets you in the door, but class keeps you there." I mention all this because I've had the pleasure of meeting Justin Adams and his entire band. All four of these men are so nice to any and every fan that walks up to them. I highly recommend catching any Justin Adams show that comes to a city near you. You won't be disappointed in him or this band.


Tommy Kratzert and Justin Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment