Monday, December 5, 2016

Justin Adams at The Vanguard

Nothing makes a weekend more enjoyable like a night of amazing live music and Saturday night was definitely one for the books. The Vanguard in Tulsa, OK played host to a couple of extremely talented artists December 3rd. Both Justin Adams and opener Jesse Joice have played at The Vanguard before and both performed as if they were seasoned pros singing to a sold out arena.


This was the first time I heard Jesse Joice perform live and the strength of his voice was just as beautiful as the tone. His band, which consisted of Daniel (keys), Matt (electric guitar), Sean (Bass), and Jarrod (drummer), was nothing to shake a stick at either. Leading up to the show I had actually been listening to Joice's music a lot. Going in I was really hoping to hear "Like I Ain't From Around Here," "On The Edge," and "Oklahoma Weather." Because they were just a few of the songs I had been playing on repeat. Let's just say, disappointed I was not. In addition to those songs, the set list included "Small Talk," "Enough To Fall In Love," "Work Hard, Play Hard," "The South Don't Make You Southern," "Little White Lie," and several others. One of the things at a concert that always catches my attention is whether or not the artist acknowledges their band mates. That simple show of respect says so much about an artist and it was something both Jesse Joice and Justin Adams took the time to do during their sets.


The crowd was plenty warmed up and very excited when Justin Adams hit the stage. If you have read much from this blog you may realize this was not my first show by Adams. I will admit when I didn't recognize the guitarist or bassist I was a little nervous. However, looking back I realize there was no reason to be. As always, Adams was on top of his game and Clark James (drummer), Mark Dejaynes (bass), and Joe Giaimo (guitar) sounded terrific. The set list included recent additions like "I keep It Country," "Feels Wrong," and "Lips On Mine," as well as, older hits like "Miss Me Whiskey" and "My My My." Believe it or not it just got better from there. Because Adams also played a reputable treasure trove of new material that included "Passing Through," "Get Gone," "Me And You," "Don't Hold It Against Me," "Last Thing I Do," and a few others. It was definitely a true treat for both new and established fans alike. After the show both Jesse Joice and Justin Adams spent a decent amount of time talking with every single fan that wanted to meet them. Something I am sure they will not forget any time soon. All in all, it was a great night with fantastic music from some pretty talented artists.



~ Find The Artists On Social Media ~


Jesse Joice


Justin Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment