Monday, November 23, 2015

Who is Backroad Anthem?

A show back in January at Cain's Ballroom is what I attribute the birth of one of my favorite things about concerts to. Of course, I'm there to see the billed artist, but there are other components that are amazing to watch as well. For instants, I thoroughly enjoy watching the band perform. That faithful day at Cain's Ballroom I discovered something else truly worth paying close attention to and that's the opening act. That night was the first time I heard Backroad Anthem. 

Photo from their website

I was at Cain's Ballroom to see my favorite band Parmalee perform and had no real idea who the opening act was except they were a six man band. My concert buddies and I found that out because we googled them before they hit the stage. What I noticed right away was they had a fiddle player. I'll admit it. I was a band nerd in school and seeing that was intriguing. Fiddle player Eric Dysart certainly did not disappoint, none of them did.

Eric Dyart at Cain's

 Craig Strickland and Toby Freeman are lead vocalist. As well as extremely proficient on acoustic and electric guitar. Josh Bryant is the lead electric guitarist and Brandon Robold plays Bass. While Issac Senty kills it on the drums! The entire show was highly energetic. All six men and their instruments blended beautifully together. As they say in their bio on their website, it was like they caught lighting in a bottle and I couldn't agree more.

Cain's Ballroom show

After the show they came back out to meet and talk with fans. Humble and down to earth is the only way to describe them. They are very interactive with fans on Twitter and now have their own Twitter fan base called @Backrodies. On September 4th my Backroad Anthem music withdrawals ended. Because this astounding band released their debut album Torn. I was very excited to download it.


The EP is five songs long. Various bandmates co-wrote three of the tracks including title track "Torn". The EP showcases an incredible range of what this band is capable of from the up beat tempo song "Disco Ball" to the smooth ballad "No Show". This Fayetteville, AR based country/rock band has a bright future ahead. There's no doubt with their chemistry, talent, and energetic live shows they are not going anywhere. 

Follow them on Twitter @BackroadAnthem and on Facebook as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment