Sunday, October 11, 2015

Dustin Lynch ~ Tulsa State Fair

I had never been to the Tulsa State Fair before, but given my developing love of live music I decided to make exceptions this year. The first was with Parmalee and then Dustin Lynch. Lets just start by saying Dustin and his band set the Oklahoma Stage on fire Wednesday night.



Dustin is one of the artists on my 'See Live B4 I Cant See' list. I've been lucky enough to see him live three times now including when he came to town on Luke Bryan's Kick the Dust Up tour. Some day I'll tell you how special that night was! 




When I found out Dustin was going to play at the Tulsa State Fair, I jumped at the chance to see him live again and picked up 2 VIP rickets. After seeing him as an opener I had no doubt a full show all Dustin and that band of his was going to be amazing! 



I didn't let my ride canceling on me stop me. I grabbed my ticket and called a cab! I was a little nervous sitting alone before the show. However if there's one thing I've learned, it's one does not need their eyes to enjoy great music. This was no exception! I was blown away at this concert and not just by Dustin. His band was amazing!! I think I took more videos of Dustin, Chris, Mitchell, Colin, and Billy (drummer) just jamming on their instruments then I did of Dustin singing. That is not taking away from Dustin's incredible vocal talents at all though. 



A perk of being from Oklahoma is of course Garth Brooks. I love hearing different acts break out some Garth covers. Dustin Lynch absolutely killed it with his covers of "The Thunder Rolls" and "Rodeo". Garth was not the only thing in his bag of tricks though! He also pulled out Joe Diffie's "John Deere Green", Brooks & Dunn's "Boot Scootin Boogie", and an all time favorite of mine Diamond Rio's "Meet in the Middle"! 



His covers had nothing on the amount of original Dustin Lynch material we were blessed with. He played "Cowboys and Angels", "Hurricane", "She Cranks My Tractor", and "Wild in Your Smile" all from his first album. Then he played "All Night", 'Halo", "Hell of a Night", "Mind Reader", "Sing It to Me", "To The Sky", and "Where Its At" all from his sophomore album titled Where's It At.



Any Dustin Lynch is a guaranteed hell of a night, but a full Dustin Lynch set is something to behold! If you have the chance to see him headlining his Hell of a Night tour take it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment