Monday, October 12, 2015

Who is Justin Adams?

If there is one thing Oklahoma is known for more than twisters, its extremely talented  country musicians. I mean Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Toby Keith, Vince Gill, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, and sibling duo The Swon Brothers are just a few that call Oklahoma home.

   

I have been fortunate enough to see several musicians live in the past year. In that time I've discovered one of my favorite parts is hearing the opening acts. One such show were I was completely blown away was when I saw Chase Bryant at Cain's Ballroom back in May. Side fact: Chase can really play guitar!


Back to his opening act, I had no clue who it was going to be before I got there. However, I became even more intrigued when I discovered everyone around me was there for the opening act. I was informed his name was Justin Adams, he was extremely talented, and always genuine with his fans. However the last bit of "Justin Facts" caught me completely off guard. He's from Oklahoma!


When he hit the stage and started singing, my jaw dropped and the only word that came to mind was AMAZING! When the ladies who had been educating me before the show looked at me and said "So what do you think?" all I got out was "Damn.."


Justin was absolutely amazing. His energy level was down right contagious. He engaged the audience between songs. At one point he even had a band-mate take his picture were the crowd was in the background. Because playing at Cain's was a dream come true for him (His words). He performed several songs. Some of which I later discovered were from his EP (Yes I totally bought in that night). That was my first solo concert (I try to have a buddy with me because of my eyes) and I'm very glad I didn't miss it. Adams is one of those performs that you can just feel how much they love what they're doing. Then at the end of the night I learned my educators were very much correct!


He was such a sweetheart! A true Oklahoma gentleman! I've followed this very talented artists career every since. He just announced he's coming back to Tulsa in Dec. He'll be at The Vanguard. Its going to be a great show. You should check it out and if your not in Tulsa check out his website for up coming tour dates.I totally recommend you check out his EP and his new song "Red Lights" on his YouTube channel! Justin is on Twitter (@JustinAdamsCty), Facebook, and Instagram if you want to check out this talented artist who is going to be lighting up the airwaves very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment